Can I copy/paste Python code?

Ben Bacarisse ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk
Tue Jul 21 12:12:13 EDT 2015

Christian Gollwitzer <auriocus at gmx.de> writes:

> On 21.07.2015 04:55, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:49 PM, ryguy7272 <ryanshuell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> [...]   Every time I paste in any kind of code, it seems
>>> like everything is immediately left-justified, and then nothing
>>> works.
<snip>
>> Sounds like a flaw in the PDF - it creates indentation in some way
>> other than leading spaces/tabs.
>
> PDF never uses tabs and spaces for indentation. In a PDF file,
> typically all words are placed using a drawing operator individually,
> the space is made up by your eyes when see the file.

It's not really a PDF issue.  It's to do with how the document is
produced.  I've just looked at a few PDF files and I have found all
three layout methods used for code: positioning, spaces and tabs.  Of
course those that use spaces may be violating some PDF rule or other,
but such files certainly exist in the wild.

<snip>
--
Ben.