Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 00:09:23 EDT 2015

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 1:30:03 AM UTC-5, dieter wrote:
> Experience like this (in another project) causes me to be
> very reluctant to become a core contributor (in the sense
> of actively fixing things in the core). You need a lot of
> knowledge (coding conventions, test setup, change
> workflow, ...) whichs goes far beyond the functionality of
> the fix -- and you must be resilient, patient and maybe
> even fighting to get the work accepted.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I hope many more will
come forward and do the same. We are obviously ignoring some
talented people out there, and as i stressed before, we need
to prevent further hemorrhaging of this talent. I know there
are tons of folks who will get involved if we can remove the
onerous barriers.