Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 23:04:17 EDT 2015

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 9:17:11 PM UTC-5, Rustom Mody wrote:

> List of python committers:
> -------------------------
>  11081 Guido van Rossum
> [snip: long list]

Thanks for posting this list of names. I had put in a pyFOIA
request for this data a few years ago, but to my surprise, was
flat out denied. I'm not sure how exhaustive this list may be,
but publicly displaying the "commit hierarchy" within the Python
community is very import for those who may want to get involved.

[Talking to Mark Lawrence, Rustom said:]
> So... May I humbly ask where are your precious commits??

Thanks for putting Mark in his place. He has been brow
beating folks on this list (myself included) for years, and
i'll bet he now feels as tiny as D'Aprano did -- when GvR
scolded him for disrespecting a Noob on Python-ideas.

  Yeah, i was watching!

  I'M *ALWAYS* WATCHING!

  ಠ_ಠ

Now that Mark's lack of "commit cred" has been exposed, we can
safely ignore his hollow and hypocritical bullying. And now
that he has been de-fanged, he will be forced to seek employment
elsewhere. Hmm, my suggestion is that he market himself as an
on-call "peanut butter removal service". A venture that will
no doubt be successful, seeing that he has two "heads up" on
his competition!