File Upload in Restful Flask

subhabrata.banerji at gmail.com subhabrata.banerji at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 07:57:52 EDT 2015

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 4:40:09 PM UTC+5:30, Simmo wrote:
> On 20/07/2015 11:13, wrote:
> > Dear Group,
> >
> > I am trying to learn Rest framework through Restful Flask.
> > My initial exercises went fine with https://flask-restful.readthedocs.org/en/0.3.3/quickstart.html
> >
> > Now I want to upload file through Restful Flask. I tried to check the web for reference.
> > I got these urls,
> > (i) http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/user/quickstart/#post-a-multipart-encoded-file
> > (ii) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28982974/flask-restful-upload-image
> > (iii) http://blog.luisrei.com/articles/flaskrest.html
> >
> > But the question I am stuck with what are the things I have to change in the example of quickstart tutorial so that I may be able to upload file. Or if any one may kindly suggest with a small example.
> >
> > If any one of the esteemed members may kindly suggest.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Subhabrata Banerjee.
> >

> I'm no expert on Python or REST but the example
>
> 	>>> url = 'http://httpbin.org/post'
> 	>>> files = {'file': open('report.xls', 'rb')}
>
> 	>>> r = requests.post(url, files=files)
> 	>>> r.text
>
> seems quite straightforward so I would suggest substituting your URL for
> 'http://httpbin.org' and your file name (possibly with full pathname)
> for 'report.xls'.
>
> Give it a try and report back...
>
> Steve S

Dear Sir,

Thanks. I could change the quickstart api.py slightly. I ran your suggestion
on it. Some result seems coming but I may have to improve some portion, I am not getting. Please see the same.

>>> import requests
>>> url='http://127.0.0.1:5000/toworks/post'
>>> files = {'file': open('C:\Python27\NEWS.txt', 'rb')}
>>> r = requests.post(url, files=files)
>>> r.text
u'{\n    "message": "Method Not Allowed", \n    "status": 405\n}\n'

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerji