Can't Install Pandas

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 23:36:47 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM, ryguy7272 <ryanshuell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello experts.  I odwnloaded Pandas, and put it here.
> C:\Python34\Scripts\pandas-0.16.2
>
> Then, I ran this in what most people call the c-prompt, but I call it the 'Python 3.4.3 Shell'
> "C:\Python34\Scripts\pandas-0.16.2>" "pip install 'setup.py'"
>
> It seems like everything ran fine

Firstly, why would you call it the Python shell? It isn't.

Secondly, what gave you the idea that everything ran fine? That is not
the command you would use to install something you've already
downloaded, nor is it a command that will successfully download and
install a package using pip.

(Thirdly, what's with the extraneous quotes all over the place?)

I suggest you start by learning how to use pip to install packages. If
that gives you trouble, *ask for help with pip*, do NOT just say
"everything ran fine" and then point out that importing didn't work
(which is proof that everything did NOT run fine with the install).

If you're going to take a hostile attitude toward Python, *and* waste
our time with the way you ask questions, you'll quickly find that
people will just delete your posts and move on, which I was just about
to do.

ChrisA