Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Jul 19 23:12:02 EDT 2015

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 11:35 am, Rick Johnson wrote:

> I figured that was you *MARK LAWRENCE*. I shall add sock-puppeting
> to your many egregious offenses! And poorly executed sock-puppeting
> as well! You're a zero.

Rick, what the hell are you talking about? Mark is using the same email
address as he has always used (unlike a certain person who shall remain
unnamed, but used to go by the names RR and Ranting Rick and possibly
others).

Neglecting to include a sig containing your name at the bottom of your email
is not "sock-puppeting". If it were, you would be guilty of it as well: you
don't usually sign your posts.

A bit of rough-and-tumble on discussion forums like this is one thing, but I
think falsely accusing someone of sock-puppeting is going too far. If you
aren't man enough to give Mark an apology, at least be man enough to
acknowledge that you made a mistake.

--
Steven