Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 21:46:13 EDT 2015

On 20/07/2015 02:20, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:

> I don't like how this is being redirected to "surely you
> misunderstood" or "I don't believe you". The fact that some core devs
> are hostile to 2.x development is really bleedingly obvious, you
> shouldn't need quotes or context thrown at you. The rhetoric almost
> always shies _just_ short of ceasing bugfixes (until 2020, when that
> abruptly becomes a cracking good idea). e.g. in "2.7 is here until
> 2020, please don't call it a waste".

A couple of things.

First "some core devs are hostile", actually some have stated that
they're simply not interested in 2.7 and will not work on it.

Second how has the thread got here, as it was originally asking about
back porting bug fixes from 3.x to 2.7?  Further it said:-

<quote>
If the vast majority of Python programmers are focused on 2.7, why are
volunteers to help fix 2.7 bugs so scarce?
</quote>

So I most humbly suggest, as I may have hinted at once or twice earlier
in this thread, that people either put up or shut up.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence