Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

breamoreboy at gmail.com breamoreboy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 21:26:42 EDT 2015

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 1:49:58 AM UTC+1, Rick Johnson wrote:
> On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 7:28:28 PM UTC-5, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
> > Thank goodness for that as you make no sense at all. As
> > for this ivory tower nonsense, [...]
>
> Cecil, don't pay too much attention to Mark, he's a glory
> hound. He's like the Python community version of Cerberus --
> you know, the three headed dog guarding the entrance to the
> Greek underworld.
>
> Every time i defeat him, and drag him out through an opening in
> the "caverns of code", and take him to a secret grove owned
> by D'Aprano, he always escapes and returns to guard the
> entrance again -- he's very loyal!
>
> He won't allow you to enter because you're still alive, and
> as such, you still have the capacity to "feel" emotions like
> compassion. These emotions are forbidden in the underworld!!!
>
> But don't worry, his bark is worse than his bite, and he is
> just the first of many daemons you must defeat on your quest
> to challenge the benevolent Hades.

Gosh you don't half spout some rubbish.  Your total number of victories over me is zero, although I personally come here to give or get knowledge, not look for such things.

As for the cobblers about Cerburus and "challenging the benevolent Hades" would you be kind enough to:-

a) list just how many Python bugs you have worked on

b) state how much work you intend doing on the planned core workflow improvements

For the latter you can find the relevant PEPs easily enough for yourself, or just like Cecil do you expect someone to do that for you as well?