Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 20:27:55 EDT 2015

On 20/07/2015 00:23, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> On Monday 20 Jul 2015 00:51 CEST, Mark Lawrence wrote:

>>> My impression is that you and some other people are in an ivory
>>> tower and find it very cosy.
>>>
>>> It reminds me about the man on dry land who responded to the person
>>> who fell in water and shouted
>>> “Help, I cannot swim!”
>>> with
>>> “Why are you screaming?
>>> I cannot swim also.
>>> Do you hear me yelling about it?"
>>>

>> You are now suggesting that people shouldn't even bother reading the
>> develoment guide, just great. Do they have to do anything themselves
>> to get patches through? Presumably the core devs give up their paid
>> work, holidays, families, other hobbies and the like, just so some
>> bunch of lazy, bone idle gits can get what they want, for nothing,
>> when it suits them? It appears that babies aren't the only people
>> who need their nappies changing around here.
>
> No use replying anymore. You make a caricature of what I am saying and
> put words in my mouth I never said. Just stay in your cosy ivory
> tower. But please do not pretend that you are open for discussion,
> because you are not.

Thank goodness for that as you make no sense at all.

As for this ivory tower nonsense, you clearly haven't bothered reading
anything I've said about the proposed improvements to the core workflow.
  But then of course you wouldn't bother with that, you again expect
somebody else to do all the work for you, for free, and probably still
complain that the benefits that you're getting aren't enough.  Quite
frankly your attitude throughout this thread makes me puke.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence