Need assistance

craig.sirna at gmail.com craig.sirna at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:06:51 EDT 2015

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 9:16:01 PM UTC-5, craig... at gmail.com wrote:
> I need help writing a homework program.
>
> I'll write it, but I can't figure out how to incorporate what I have read in the book to work in code.
>
> The assignment wants us to take a users first, middle and last name in a single input ( name=('enter your full name: )).
>
> Then we must display the full name rearranged in Last, First Middle order.
>
> I tried to use the search function in Python to locate any spaces in the input. It spot back the index 5 (I used Craig Daniel Sirna)
>
> That is correct for the first space, but I can't figure out how to get it to continue to the next space.
>
> The indexing process is also a bit confusingto me.
>
> I get that I can use len(fullName) to set the length of the index, and how the index is counted, but after that I'm lost.
>
> I have emailed my professor a few times, but haven't gotten a response.(online course)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

def main():
    name= input('Enter your full name: ')
    split=name.split()
    Full_name=split[2],split[0], split[1]
    print(Full_name[2],',', Full_name[0], Full_name[1])

main()

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys and I greatly appreciate all the help!!!

But I just did it now and it does work. I have been working on my College algebra homework for the past week and I am still not even finished or ready for the test....fml....