Is this a good way to work with init and exception

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:08:19 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Cecil Westerhof <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:
>> I think it's fine, then. As long as it makes absolutely no sense to
>> have two separately-initialized twitter connections, and as long as
>> it's okay for two separate modules to both import this and to then
>> share state, then what you have is fine.
>
> I do not see myself doing this, but I like to know ‘everything’. When
> I have a program with two different modules that both import this,
> they would get in each-others way? How?

If two modules import the same module, they get two references to that
same module, not two separate module instances. Since your parameters
appear only to affect the initialization itself, this is not likely to
be a problem (it's not like you'll need to authenticate with two
different sets of credentials, for instance), but it will mean that
the second one will import an already-initialized module. That's why I
suggested the try_init function which would quietly return an
immediate success if the module had already been initialized. But if
this isn't going to be an issue, then your code's fine.

ChrisA