Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Sun Jul 19 13:14:13 EDT 2015

On Sunday 19 Jul 2015 18:38 CEST, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> On 19/07/2015 17:10, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

>>> The people who want the fixes.
>>
>> Babies want clean diapers. So babies have to change diapers
>> themselves?
>>

> That has to be the worst analogy I've ever read.  We are discussing
> backporting working patches, *NOT* having to go through the whole
> shooting match from scratch.

You think so? I think that a lot of people who are using 2.7 would
like to have the fixes. They know how to use Python, but they would
not now how to implement a patch. That is why I made this comment.

Comments are (almost) always an exaggeration. When someone tells me:
“I have been 1.000 times to the store to get my money back”, most of
the time I would not take this literally, but understand it means very
often.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer