batch spatial join - python

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Jul 19 09:55:27 EDT 2015

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:11 pm, Lara BK wrote:

> I would like to do a spatial join in a batch process in python.

You seem to be using arcpy. Unfortunately, that's not a standard part of
Python, so I don't know it very well. But looking at the error you get:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'BatchSpatialJoin_analysis'

it looks like the line starting with this:

arcpy.BatchSpatialJoin_analysis(neighbourhood, blah-blah-blah...)

is misspelled. Are you sure that it's called *Batch* SpacialJoin_analysis?

Looking at this page:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/0008/00080000000q000000.htm

I think you might need to change it to:

arcpy.SpatialJoin_analysis(neighbourhood, blah-blah-blah...)

Does that help?

--
Steven