Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 09:52:06 EDT 2015

On 19/07/2015 04:45, Paul Rubin wrote:
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
>> I am suggesting that if there are 10x as many 2.7only programmers as
>> 3.xonly programmers, and none of the 2.7 programmers is willing to do
>> the backport *of an already accepted patch*, then maybe it should not
>> be done at all.
>
> The patch acceptance/approval process is frankly daunting.

Correct, which is why "PEP 0462 -- Core development workflow automation
for CPython" https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0462/, "PEP 0474 --
Creating forge.python.org" https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0474/ and
a separate core-workflow mailing list exist.

Admittedly things had stalled but I understand that they're being picked
up again.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence