Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 22:49:42 EDT 2015

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 9:34:20 PM UTC-5, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
> It has even been implied that bugs in Python 2 are *good*,
> because that might help with Python 3 adoption.

So now we're implementing coercion, Microsoft style? What's
next, paid subscriptions to superficial, and backwards
incompatible, upgrades every two years? Perhaps after that,
we can roll our own security vulnerabilities and inject them
into the deprecated source downloads!

  You'll pay 2x users! You'll pay! And your little repos too!