tkinter resize question

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jul 17 21:20:13 EDT 2015

On 7/17/2015 6:42 PM, nickgeovanis at gmail.com wrote:

> I don't think I've seen the "winfo_optioname()" construct in the
> python-side doc. For example Sec 25.1.6.1 "Setting Options" in the
> tkinter chapter of the standard python Library Reference doesn't
> mention it or anything syntactically similar.

The docs are incomplete.

> I'm sure the usual
> disclaimer "see the tcl/tk docs" applies, but this seems more than a
> detail to me. Thanks for your help...Nick

Better yet, bookmark this tkinter reference (which I believe is
mentioned at the top of the doc). It is only missing stuff new in 8.6.
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/web/index.html
The winfo functions are included in 26 Universal widget methods.

http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/
has some worked out examples. There is also a lot on Stackoverflow,
which has a tkinter tag.

--
Terry Jan Reedy