Python Requirements

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:40:23 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Luke Harrison <lukeharrison59 at gmail.com> wrote:
> As part of my A2 Computing coursework, I need to program a solution using
>
> Python 3.4. I also need to document the minimum requirements to run Python
>
> 3.4 on a Windows machine, including minimum RAM, minimum processing power,
>
> minimum hard disk space and monitor resolution.

Simple answer: If it's capable of running a modern Windows, it's
capable of running Python. There's no screen resolution requirements,
and the RAM, CPU, and HD requirements depend more on what you do with
Python than on the language itself. The easiest way to find out is to
try it - grab the installer, plop it onto a system, see how much less
disk space you have. Then start running code and see how efficient it
is. There's a world of difference between the RAM/CPU requirements of
"Hello, world" and a program that does video processing, and that's
true regardless of the language.

ChrisA