A new module for performing tail-call elimination

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Fri Jul 17 04:06:01 EDT 2015

On 07/16/2015 09:34 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 7/16/2015 3:45 AM, Antoon Pardon wrote:
>> On 07/15/2015 11:19 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe that this pattern should work with any set of mutually
>>> recursive functions that always call each other in cyclic order.  A
>>> more elaborate version does not have this limitation.
>>>

>> Nice of you to illustrate the warping involved.  ;-)
>
> Glad you appreciate it. To me, the warping is no more than, and
> perhaps less than, and certainly less obnoxious than,the warping
> required when using Baruchel's tco module.  (Opinions can vary,
> of course.)  The result will definitely run faster than with B's tco.

I don't care about the speed that much. Clarity of code is more important.
And I agree how Baruchel's tco module needs to be used, doesn't seem
very helpful in that respect. I wouldn't call it obnoxious, cause I
can appreciate the mathematical elegance behind it, but my impression is
that understanding what is going on, requires a back ground knowledge
that is generally not expected. So using this would probably be good for
job security but wouldn't be fair to my colleagues.

--
Antoon Pardon