Noob in Python. Problem with fairly simple test case

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:03:14 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 10:45:12 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:
> A GUI is another form of console.

And a blindingly obvious association is another form of
patronizing! What's next, are you going to tell us that a
Volvo is a street-legal Scandinavian version of an armored
personal carrier? Or perhaps you'll *WOW* us with your
knowledge that a penis is merely another form of editable
sausage? OBVIOUSLY YOUR "SAUSAGE" WAS CANNED IN VIENNA!

> Not all programs are run in a situation where this makes
> sense.

Really? I thought every situation was exactly the same. How
foolish am i? Oh please enlighten us with more of your wisdom!

> Also, please don't post Py2-only code when the OP clearly
> stated that 3.4.3 was being used...

Chris i hate to burst you're little naive "vajayjay bubble",
but a vast majority of the Python community is currently
using, and will for many years continue using, Python<3.0.
Just because they don't participate here => in your private
self-aggrandizing blog <= does not mean they don't exist!

See, unlike you, we didn't start writing Python code a few
years ago. No, we skipped the "pike detour" through the
intellectual ghetto, and we've been writing Python code for
many years. And we have millions of lines of code in our
repos!

And we're not about to risk "exception hell" just so we can
get a few "meager" new features and a "kewel" new print
function. Besides, most of the new features have long ago been
patched by creative programmers or are available via the:

  from __future__ import KEWEL_NEW_FEATURE

I have a statement about what you can do with your print
function, but executing that statement might result in this
fine group throwing an IntegrityError. Therefor, i'll leave
the "interpretation" of my statement as an academic exercise
for all the Usenet eyeball-parsers.

sys.exit(0)