A new module for performing tail-call elimination

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Jul 16 13:54:35 EDT 2015

On 07/16/2015 01:07 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> The point is, people keep insisting that there are a vast number of
> algorithms which are best expressed using recursion and which require TCO to
> be practical, and yet when asked for examples they either can't give any
> examples at all, or they give examples that are not well-suited to
> recursion. Or, at best, examples which are equally good when written either
> using recursion or iteration.

You mean toy examples?

Toy examples serve useful purposes:

   - easy to understand
   - easy to write
   - esay to test as proof-of-concept (after all, if a routine can't handle
        a toy example, how is it going to handle real life?)

With responses like these I can understand Antoon's position that folks are not arguing in good faith.

--
~Ethan~