beginners choice: wx or tk?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Jul 14 10:06:10 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-14, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/13/2015 08:42 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> If it didn't have to run on Windows, I'd pick pygtk over wx.  I've
>> never tried qt.
>
> PyQt is very nice to work with.  In some respects it's not as Pythonic
> as PyGTK.  It feels a lot like transliterated C++ code, which it is.
> But it's a powerful toolkit and looks great on all supported platforms.
> If the licensing terms of PyQt are not to your liking, PySide is fairly
> close to PyQt (a few quirks that can be worked around), though I'm not
> sure how much love it's receiving lately.  Like wx, or Gtk, you would
> have to ship some extra dlls with your project for Windows and OS X.

Why would you have to ship "extra" libraries for Windows?  Extra
compared to what?  When I compared bundled apps for Windows using wx
and Tk, you had to ship more libraries using Tk than you did with wx.
Maybe that's changed...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! On the road, ZIPPY
                                  at               is a pinhead without a