beginners choice: wx or tk?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:16:10 EDT 2015

On 07/13/2015 08:42 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> If it didn't have to run on Windows, I'd pick pygtk over wx.  I've
> never tried qt.

PyQt is very nice to work with.  In some respects it's not as Pythonic
as PyGTK.  It feels a lot like transliterated C++ code, which it is.
But it's a powerful toolkit and looks great on all supported platforms.
 If the licensing terms of PyQt are not to your liking, PySide is fairly
close to PyQt (a few quirks that can be worked around), though I'm not
sure how much love it's receiving lately.  Like wx, or Gtk, you would
have to ship some extra dlls with your project for Windows and OS X.