Why doesn't input code return 'plants' as in 'Getting Started with Beautiful Soup' text (on page 30) ?

Simon Evans musicalhacksaw at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 08:48:17 EDT 2015

Dear Peter Otten,
Yes, I have been copying and pasting, as it saves typing. I do get 'indented block' error responses as a small price to pay for the time and energy thus saved. Also Console seems to reject for 'indented block' reasons better known to itself, copy and pasted lines that it accepts and  are exactly the same on the following line of input. Maybe it is an inbuilt feature of Python's to discourage copy and pasting.