beginners choice: wx or tk?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Jul 11 19:55:42 EDT 2015

Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
> >> Long ago I was involved with a thing like this and used Inno Setup,
> >> which was great.  It's a very slick installer
> > It is not a matter of knowledge, but one of user rights.
> > It is also forbidden by organization rules.
>
> Do you mean it's not ok for the setup tool to install files?

Yes, as I wrote before: They cannot install any files.
My program for them must be a single click-and-run executable.

> Hmm.  It might still be possible with py2exe.

What does py2exe better than pyinstaller?
pyinstaller works for me.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/