beginners choice: wx or tk?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 11 06:01:24 EDT 2015

On 11/07/2015 10:28, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> I want to start a project with python.
> The program must have a (simple) GUI and must run on Linux and Windows.
> The last one as standalone executable, created with pyinstaller.
>
> I have already an implementation in perl/tk :
> http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/fop/ZAcXSugp/schwuppdiwupp.png
> http://fex.belwue.de/download/schwuppdiwupp.pl
>
> I am not really happy with tk, because it has some bugs, at least its perl
> integration. I have never used wx.
>
> What is the recommendation for a python beginner: wx or tk?

Right now if you only have the choice of wx or tk I'd stick with tk as
it comes with Python 2 and 3, whereas wx is still in development for 3.
  However as Chris Angelico has already said there are other choices,
see here https://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming for a comprehensive
list.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence