(side-)effects and ...

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:05:57 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Skip Montanaro
<skip.montanaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, he should not post here, because all articles posted here are
>> automatically put on a mailing list and that list's web-accessible
>> archive.
>
> I thought so at first add well. It looks like the Mailman system handles the
> X-No-Archive and/or Archive headers. I couldn't find his name in this
> month's archive.

Even if it respects that, there's no way that Mailman can know to
respect his ridiculous copyright restriction. Human-readable text in a
copyright notice is not going to affect an automated system. If he
tries to sue Mailman or the PSF or "the internet" for distributing his
text in violation of his copyright, I hope that an intelligent judge
would liken it to posting your phone number on a billboard and then
complaining that people are ringing you. When you put something out
there in public, it's public, and people can and will see it.

ChrisA