pygtk2 and colors

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:57:51 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:25 AM,  <nickgeovanis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 11:54:21 AM UTC-5, Cousin Stanley wrote:
>>   You might try ....
>>
>>     self.set_rgb_fg_color( fg )
>
> Well thanks, that works. Yet set_rgb_bg_color() does not. And I notice that the example at the link you sent doesn't set the background color either. Do I have a color overlay or masking issue?

Part of your confusion may be because "background" isn't necessarily
what you think it is. In GTK, there are several different ways styles
can be set, and probably you _are_ setting the background color, but
it's not having any visible change. Try playing around with some of
the other settable colors, and see if one of them helps you.

ChrisA