Trying to import numpy

ryguy7272 ryanshuell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 23:17:34 EDT 2015

I'm trying to use numpy.  I get this error:
>>> import numpy as np

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
    import numpy as np
ImportError: No module named numpy

I followed the instructions here.
https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/installing.html

In the c-prompt, I get this error.
C:\>python get-pip.py
python: can't open file 'get-pip.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

In python 2.7, I get this error.
>>> python get-pip.py
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I would say 100% of my errors come from importing python modules.  If this every worked, I could do some real work.  Instead, I spend 100% of my time trying to make thing that don't work, work.

I've already added ';C:\Python27' to the Path under Variable Name.  Of course, this makes no difference whatsoever.  Ugh.

Any thoughts?  Anyone?
Thanks.