bottle app "crashes"

mm0fmf none at mailinator.com
Mon Jul 6 15:28:54 EDT 2015

On 05/07/2015 17:45, Martin S wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last summer I fumbled together a small appplication that calculates both LASK
> and Elo ratings for chess. I managed to "webify" it using Bottle. This works
> nicely on my laptop for testing.

[snip]

> Do anyone have a pointer to an idiot proof instruction on how to deploy a
> simple bottle application to a live server.
>
> /Martin S

I use bottle as it comes to provide 2 apps that face straight onto the
web. I have to say that I have only done half the job because I never
got as far as daemonising them. I simply run them from a "screen"
session. This is fine as they run on my own teeny-tiny Linux VM (256MB
ram/5GB disk with 1 Xeon core).

I simply log in and type "screen python3 myapp.py" and remember to exit
with ctrl-A D. One of them has been up for about 3 months now without issue.

That might not explain why you are seeing problems but could give you a
solution that works whilst you fix the underlying issue. Or not in my case!

Andy