Installing Pybison

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jul 2 01:51:24 EDT 2015

Great Avenger Singh <arsh840 at gmail.com> writes:
> I am installing Pybison from following Source:
>
> https://github.com/smvv/pybison
>
> After installing all required dependencies I am able to run "sodo python setup.py install" without any errors.
>
> I am getting following error while Running "python -c import bison"
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bison.py", line 23, in <module>
>     from bison_ import ParserEngine
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bison_.so: undefined symbol: py_callback

This likely means that some required external (C-level) library is
either missing on your system or cannot be found.

Typical approach to resolve an issue of this kind: look for installation
instructions, especially instructions telling about external dependencies.
Ensure, all dependencies are installed. In case, they are
installed in non-standard locations, use "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to make
those installations known.