win32print

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Jul 1 09:10:27 EDT 2015

On 01/07/2015 12:28, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 01/07/2015 12:02, BartC wrote:

>> Yes, I ended up there at one point, but didn't see a win32print.py file,

>> Presumably, nowhere on the internet is there a ready-to-use copy of
>> win32print.py that someone else could just download with little effort?

> If I can interrupt your Jeremiad for a moment, this page might help:
>
>    http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html
>
> and it (and the docs you found above) relies on this download page:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/
>
> which, as you can see, has been available for every then-valid version
> of Python for some years now.

OK, thanks, that now works. (I need to click on a .exe file not on .zip,
and choose a version that corresponds with what's in the registry, which
was 3.1 in my case, not 3.12 nor 3.4 which are also installed.

This would be a better basis for solving the problem (driving a bar-code
printer). Although it's still not certain how I might distribute the
result (just copy the whole directory Python 3.1 tree onto a memory
stick perhaps and send that).

--
Bartc