help() function screen output

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Sat Jan 31 04:56:04 EST 2015

----- Original Message ----- > Specifically, the last two lines show:

> <space> Display next page
> <ret>   Display next line
>
> which is, I suspect, what you're after here.
>
> (If you're interested, the code for all this is in the pydoc module
> (Lib\pydoc.py) in the getpager() function.
>
> TJG
> --

Yes, that makes sense/works - wonder what changed recently in my overall
configuration/setup - suppose might have something to do with screen
reader's system wide interference - maybe it was passing a different
effective keystroke through to command line prompt before, or something,
since am 99.9% sure always just used <ret> key to advance one screen at a
time before - who knows, but, main thing is, yes, space bar does what I want
it to.

Thanks

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker