Installling ADODB on an offline computer

Alan Meyer ameyer2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 20:35:36 EST 2015

I work on an application that uses the ActivePython compilation of
Python from ActiveState.  It uses three Microsoft COM libraries that are
needed for talking to SQL Server.  The libraries are:

     Microsoft Activex Data Objects
     Microsoft Activex Data Objects Recordset
     Microsoft ADO Ext

In the past, we have installed those libraries on numerous machines by
running makepy.py.  It can be done from the ActivePython IDLE GUI, or
from the command line.  makepy.py downloads and installs the packages
for us, taking care of COM server or client registration, or whatever it
is that has to be done (I don't really know much about this stuff.)

Now I've been asked to port the application to a computer that is not
connected to the Internet.  I haven't found any way to get those
packages.  I haven't found a way to, for example, download the packages
to files, place the files on the target computer, and run makepy.py or a
setup.py to install them.

Can someone suggest a way to do it?

Thank you very much.

     Alan