ANN: unpyc3 - a python bytecode decompiler for Python3

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Jan 28 19:34:47 EST 2015

Devin Jeanpierre wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Chris Kaynor <ckaynor at zindagigames.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I use Google Drive for it for all the stuff I do at home, and use SVN
>>> for all my personal projects, with the SVN depots also in Drive. The
>>> combination works well for me, I can transfer between my desktop and
>>> laptop freely, and have full revision history for debugging issues.
>>
>> I just do everything in git, no need for either Drive or something as
>> old as SVN. Much easier. :)
>
> Git doesn't help if you lose your files in between commits,

Sure it does? You just lose the changes made since the previous commit, but
that's no different from restoring from backup. The restored file is only
as up to date as the last time a backup was taken.

> or if you
> lose the entire directory between pushes.

Then restore from wherever you are pushing to.

But as Devin says, any backup strategy that requires the user to make a
backup is untrustworthy. I'm hoping that the next generation of DVCSs will
support continuous commits, the next generation of editors support
continuous saves, and the only time you need interact with the editor
(apart from, you know, actual editing) is to tell it "start a new branch
now".

--
Steven