ANN: unpyc3 - a python bytecode decompiler for Python3

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:44:47 EST 2015

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 3:13:36 PM UTC-8, Chris Kaynor wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Devin Jeanpierre
> <jeanpierreda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> So you commit often and push immediately. Solved.
> > I distrust any backup strategy that requires explicit action by the
> > user. I've seen users fail too often. (Including myself.)
>
> That tends to be my opinion and experience as well :)
>
> And that is where Drive is quite nice: its an automatic backup to an
> off-site backup that requires no user action. Having some form of
> source control is still needed however, as you don't get all the nice
> history with Drive, and don't have the atomic updates - typically,
> every save will be uploaded, even if that change itself will break
> everything as you haven't made the required changes to other files.
>
> Chris K

I'd definitely store all of my programming projects in a Google Drive if I wasn't already using Dropbox.

I recently finished my CS degree, and I had more than one professor say that they won't take "My computer crashed and I lost everything!" as an excuse for not being able to turn in homework.  Dropbox and Google Drive are both free, easy to use, and will keep several versions of your files so you can even use the excuse that your most recent save got corrupted.

Also, it was really nice to easily be able to save my work on my laptop, finish it on my desktop, and then print it from a school computer without dealing with a thumb drive.