Python is DOOMED! Again!

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:10:42 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Steven D'Aprano <
steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> (2) Algol, Ada, Boo, C, C#, C++, Cobol, Cobra, D, F#, Fantom, Fortran, Go,
> Haskell, Java, Julia, Kotlin, Oberon, Pascal, Rust, Scala and dozens
> (hundreds?) of other languages disagree with you.

Well, sure. But that's always been one of the nice things about Python,
less visual clutter. While I understand where all the type hinting activity
is coming from (and accept it as inevitable), I'm also sympathetic to
Mario's perspective.

Python-1.5-anyone?-ly, y'rs,

Skip