An object is an instance (or not)?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 28 02:03:12 EST 2015

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

> Me(Rusi): Prefer a not so cavalier adjective-noun equivalencing

I can sympathise with that preference. It really is a lost cause,
though; the English language just works that way.

We use nouns as verbs, nouns as modifiers, adjectives as nouns; and
rather than wish it were not so, we must to take care to express
ourselves to avoid unintended ambiguity — especially in writing. And
*especially* in writing terse formal error messages.

The English language is imperfect, but it's what we have. Live with it.

--
 \      “The manager has personally passed all the water served here.” |
  `\                                                  —hotel, Acapulco |