An object is an instance (or not)?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 00:57:57 EST 2015

On 28/01/2015 00:52, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
> In article <mailman.18190.1422400358.18130.python-list at python.org>,
> breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk says...
>>
>> Mario and Andre, when you have to write code to meet the deadline to get
>> the stage payment, does either of your bosses really care whether or not
>> you are dealing with an object, an instance, or a piece of dead meat
>> dropped by the neighbour's cat?
>
> That is valuable input. You don't care how a type or an instance of a
> type differ. Should be intersting to ask you to make a Cat object. I
> wonder if you are not going to ask if they mean a class or an instance
> of that class.
>
> Anyways, more to the point, this is simply a debate on language and how
> to express Python concepts. If that bothers you, I'll take note.

The thing that bothers me is that many people, some of them with maybe
20 years of Python experience, have repeatedly stated Python concepts
with respect to the terms class, instance and object.  Instead of
accepting their knowledge of the language and gracefully stepping back,
you've carried on until the twist of knots would make any boy scout proud.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence