An object is an instance (or not)?

André Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:49:01 EST 2015

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 17:43:38 UTC-4, Mario Figueiredo  wrote:
> In article <a771f6f2-9aa3-44ca-9f87-88a984c7c27e at googlegroups.com>,
> andre.roberge at gmail.com says...
> >
> > It is appropriate to refer to an instance as an object.  It might not
> > be appropriate to refer to an object as an instance ... but Python
> > does not do so as your explicit examples demonstrate, and contrary to
> > your claim.
>
> I'll try one more time: It - Is - Not - My - Claim.
>
> It is the claim of a few users in here that replied to that thread.

At the very beginning of the first message I replied to, you wrote:

**This is a follow up from a previous discussion in which it is argued
that the following code produces the correct error message terminology **

I pointed out to you that the word object WAS used correctly: hence, the correct terminology was used in that error message.

You are just wasting people's time.