An object is an instance (or not)?

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:06:30 EST 2015

In article <80a9f882-6b13-45a7-b514-8c47b3a4c37d at googlegroups.com>,
andre.roberge at gmail.com says...

> You keep writing "an object is not an instance", making statements
> such as "the terminology keeps indicating that in Python an object is
> an instance" and yet, none of the examples you show from Python
> (tracebacks or repr outputs) include the word "instance".

I think you misread my argument. Look at the first example on my post,
or follow the discussion on "__bases__ misleading error message" here on
the newsgroups.

That error message has me start that thread arguing that the error is
misleading because the Sub object does have the __bases__ attribute.
It's the Sub instance object that does not have it.

Some of the answers that were given argued that in Python object =
instance.

> Yet
> **you** claim that "Python" states that objects are instances ....

That is no my claim. I said that much. You should probably read my post
more carefully.