Python is DOOMED! Again!

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 15:58:05 EST 2015

In article <mailman.18185.1422391238.18130.python-list at python.org>,
rosuav at gmail.com says...

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 4:59 AM, Mario Figueiredo <marfig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > An optional feature says nothing of its requirements. The requirements
> > for PEP 484 are heavy. Not only will they force an update to the
> > interpreter, but will also force many users to reformate their function
> > headers in order for them to become bareable to the eye. In fact, no
> > longer will you look at function definitions like you did before.
>
> What updates are needed to the interpreter?
>
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3107/
>
> Already happened, long ago.

I wasn't aware the interpreter was already able to parse PEP 484. Thank
you. Strike that phrase of that paragraph.

But what a royal mess!

Looking at PEP 3107, i'm left wondering: what if I have for instance
already annotated my functions for parameter marshalling, following the
syntax expected of that specific library, and now I want to annotate
them for type hinting for the purposes of static analysis?