Running a .py file iteratively at the terminal

varun7rs at gmail.com varun7rs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:52:00 EST 2015

Hello Everyone,

I am running a python script as of now and I have to change three global values repeatedly. I'm tired of doing this manually. SO, I was wondering if there is a way to run a python command repeatedly. In my case, the command would be

srva at hades:~$ python NFV_v3_7_10_14.py -l log --lp --xml eu_v3_14_1_15.xml

Everytime I run this, I get a log file with the results. The main file is the NFV_v3....py. These are the values I intend to change iteratively and then run the command in the terminal.
dataplane_latencybound = 200 # The delay bounds are in milli seconds
controlplane_latencybound1 = 200 # The delay bounds are in milli seconds

So, in every iteration, I would like to increase it from 0 in steps of 10 till 200. And after doing so, I'd like to run the command. But, I'm unaware of doing this using a single script. I hope some of you experts over there could help me in this issue. It can be a huge timesaver.

Thanks a lot guys
Varun RS