Idiomatic backtracking in Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jan 25 19:32:08 EST 2015

Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de> writes:

> So, I would like to ask if you have a Pythonic approach to
> backtracking problems? If so, I'd love to hear your solutions!

I'm not aware of what the problem is. “Back-tracking” doesn't have a
general meaning I recognise beyond random access into a data structure.
So a Python list is the obvious starting point.

Do you have a specific meaning of “back-tracking” that implies
particular problems that are difficult to solve?

--
 \       “The Vatican is not a state.… a state must have people. There |
  `\    are no Vaticanians.… No-one gets born in the Vatican except by |