Python is DOOMED! Again!

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:00:24 EST 2015

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 5:56:02 PM UTC-6, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> For at least the third time the PEP was written by three
> people, one of whom was the BDFL.  Why do you keep
> insisting that "he" is wrong, surely it should be "they" ?

TWO REASONS:

  (1) I don't know either of those people. And they have
  never attempted to contact me, or even participate in
  discussions on this list.

  BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:

  (2) Final decisions for additions to Python are via GvR.
  Why should i waste my time "appealing for sanity" to
  numerous people, when i can focus my attention on the only
  one that matters?

But why must Guido be sheltered from dissent? With power
comes responsibility!

> A substantial number of people on both lists are perfectly
> happy to speak their mind, to the extent that Guido has
> been known to do u-turns. Nobody has any need to lick
> anybody's boots, and to suggest that this is the case I
> find highly insulting to the entire Python community.

Enough with the spin-doctoring of my words, only boot
lickers would be offended by what i said, and that is the
whole point of saying it! Do you think boot lickers are a
valuable resource of this (or any) community? Or could it
be that you just cannot accept an inconvenient truth.

> You (singular) have to *EARN* respect, you do not deserve
> it.  If you were to stick to subjects that you have
> knowledge of, such as tkinter/IDLE,

Oh i see. I'm allowed to participate so long as i don't step
on YOUR toes or offend YOUR delicate sensibilities? So long
as i volunteer to be locked in YOUR little rat cage, and do
exactly what YOU say. Sorry Mark, but YOUR secret
aspirations for tyrannical rule are not going to be
"entertained" by THIS community.

This character assassination of me has to stop, and your one
of the prolific assassins on this list. Show me one time
that i have *EVER* intentionally misled a noob on this
list? You may find a sample where i've made an honest
mistake, or mis-comprehended a question, but don't you
*DARE* question my morals!

I am one of the most honest and trustworthy people in this
community. You may find my style to be annoying, (that is
your opinion), but you have no right (and no evidence) to
question my integrity.

You can call me any name in the book you want; you can curse
me; you can ridicule me; and all of it i can ignore; but i
will NOT allow you to paint me as dishonest. I hold honesty
as the most important of *ALL* virtues.

You owe me an apology for slandering my integrity!