Python is DOOMED! Again!

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 18:20:16 EST 2015

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 1:49:08 AM UTC-6, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Rick Johnson wrote:
>
> [... snip absurdities...]
>
> > Duh! Do you think i just pulled stub files out my arse
> > without giving all the other alternatives due consideration?
>
> Actually, yes. I think that had Guido proclaimed that
> C-style header files were the only way to give type hints,
> you would be arguing right now that they were awful and
> that the one and only correct way to do type-hinting is to
> use annotations.

So now we arrive at the true nature of our conflict: your
"false projections" of my "true intentions".

Listen, I hold a deep respect for Guido's achievements and
his intellectual prowess, but i'm not about to kiss is
backside when i feel he is wrong, and this "type hints" idea
is dangerously wrong!

Diversity, dissension, and conflict are our friends, not
enemies to be feared. We must embrace those ideas that are
foreign to us, give them due consideration, and objectively
apply "weighted values" to them. Whereas, sitting in a room
surrounded by mirrors and becoming lost in the recursive
"reflection of self", is not evolution, but merely, an
illusion.

Besides, why does he need *ME* to lick his boots when he
already has plenty of fan-boys over at python-ideas and
python-dev lining up. This community is *NOT*, and should
never be, a homogeneous block -- for we would be doing
ourselves a disservice.

So if you cannot provide me with respect that i *DESERVE* as
a member of this fine community, then you should at least
admit that my presence is a vital counterbalance to prevent
this tiny life-vessel from capsizing as it's thrashed around
the treacherous "seas of evolution".