Python is DOOMED! Again!

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 22:00:01 EST 2015

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 10:23:48 PM UTC-6, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Rick Johnson wrote:
>
> > The solution is move the type hinting syntax completely
> > out of the source file and into another file -- think of
> > it as a "Python Type Hinting Header File".
>
> The 1970s called, they want their bad ideas back. [...]
> Things that go together should appear together. Imagine a
> language where you declared the function name in one file,
> the function parameters in a second file, any default
> values in a third file, and the function body in a fourth
> file. Ridiculous. Ideally, all these things should be
> found together, preferably close enough for the reader to
> take it all in at a glance (although some function bodies
> may be too large).

Anyone else care for a pipping hot cup of Reductio ad absurdum?

> There may be times where splitting related things are
> unavoidable, but they should be a last resort, only to be
> used when any other solution is unacceptable.

Duh! Do you think i just pulled stub files out my arse
without giving all the other alternatives due consideration?

But you had your fun so that's all that matters. ;-)

PS: Man, you need to invest in some formatting tools. I format
all my posts with a max width of 60, but then when you quote
them back i see strange line breaks. Does your editor think
that 60 chars is too wide? What's going on?