[OT] absolute vs. relative URI

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:46:41 EST 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 6:02 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's not deprecated, and never will be;
>
> Chris, what do you call a statement that is based on an
> un-provable premise? Oh and, GvR told me to tell you that he
> wants his time machine back, and if it has even one dent
> you're going to be in some serious trouble!

Statements from the BDFL committing to maintaining it *at least* until
Python 4000, with clear indication that it is most definitely not
deprecated. Or, looking at it another way: If you want to disagree
with me, find a statement in current, official documentation that says
that it's deprecated.

ChrisA