[OT] absolute vs. relative URI

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Jan 23 12:10:48 EST 2015

On 2015-01-23, Chris Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hah!  Those people certainly don’t look “experienced”.
>
>    "<a src='%sWhatever>Whatever</a>" % wwwroot
>
> 0. This should be href=, but this is probably an error with retyping.
> (use copy-paste next time.)
> 1. "double" quotes should be used,
> 2. and on both sides of the URL.

My bad. Those three were typos in my example.  Real examples that I
could cut/paste all had way to much other cruft involved to serve as
useful illustrations of my quesiton.

> 3. This should be handled in (Jinja2) templates,
> 4. which should not involve string formatting;
> 5. especially old-style %-based string formatting!

The code I posted wasn't from the actual project -- it was just an
illustration to show what they were doing rather than exactly how they
were doing it.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! All this time I've
                                  at               been VIEWING a RUSSIAN