What killed Smalltalk could kill Python

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 00:39:12 EST 2015

On 22/01/2015 1:23 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Modern games *are* part of "today's complex application systems", and games
> developers may need the same skills used by "serious developers"

I wish more game developers would understand this. I've lost count of
the number of games that have failed during development because all of
the source code was stolen or destroyed. I've had arguments with game
devs (some who've worked at some of the bigger studios) because they're
convinced that nothing outside of game development has anything to teach
them...when their (for eg) revision control entails zipping up their
daily changes and emailing them to the rest of the team...