Python is DOOMED! Again!

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:40:33 EST 2015

On 22/01/15 21:03, Mario Figueiredo wrote:

> That is fine. But then the problem isn't type hinting, is it? Neither I
> think you are suggesting we don't introduce language because there are
> bad project managers out there.
>
> The problem is then bad project managers. That has nothing to do with
> type hinting, or Python for that matter.

It has everything to do with Python if we facilitate them.

Type hinting will be mandatory because of bad managers. But then someone
is going to ask what benefit Python has to offer:

Readabiliy? No ... down the drain.

Dynamic typing? No ... down the drain.

Speed? No ... still 200x slower than Swift.

Why go for Python? There is no benefit to it any longer.

Sturla